Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Our Festive (and high) Christmas Banana.

Christmastime this year has been a lot more disorganized and a lot less festive than ever before…which really says a lot as our organizational bar was pretty low to begin with.

We are in the midst of renovating certain aspects of our house, which means that certain aspects of our house, like the area that we live in, just aren't available anymore and I have been required to do stuff this year that I don't usually have to do. 
 Like drag household debris from one part of the house to the other- doing what I can to clear a path for our dear worker guys. 
It will be great when it's finished, but all of that time I spend dragging stuff about doesn't leave a ton of time left over for decking the halls. Which I was ok with, but then my darlings started to panic about the  fact that we did not have a Christmas tree.   
We don't really have a good spot for a tree, but we brought one home anyway and kind of wiggled it in a corner where it sat naked for a few days while I continued my duty of clearing a worker guy paths. 
Until Henry felt sorry for our nude tree…so he hung up his stuffed Jamaican banana, (who has the happy but heavy lidded look of a substance abuser) to jazz up our poor tree.
And for far too long, this was our only Christmas ornament…we took festive to a new low.   
Henry, posing with his beloved substance abuser banana, who is posing as a Christmas ornament. 
There is nothing like spending a few days with a stoned banana as your sole Christmas ornament to motivate you to break out a few more decorations. So I did...and now I think our tree looks cute, even if it is shoved in a corner amongst the debris of my messy house.  


No comments:

Post a Comment