Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fierce Teachers


Some of my nearest and dearest friends are teachers of the very young, and there is something about them that I know for certain.
Elementary school teachers are fierce when it comes to protecting their students.
They will lay down their own life to keep them safe from harm and evil.
It's what they do and it's why they are teachers.
I know that many children's lives were saved in Connecticut because their teacher protected their lives and futures as only a teacher could.

Fred Rogers was also a teacher of the very young and here is what he had to say about times of heartache and disaster. 
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
There is so much in this world that is beyond comprehension. 
 It's a huge comfort to me to take measured notice of the many caring people... "the helpers" in times of sadness and loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment