Thursday, September 27, 2012

Twenty one in twenty twelve...Happy Birthday Anna!

My dear daughter is absolutely, quite officially, 21 years old.

Anna has celebrated her birthday with social gusto since forever.
When she was little, and given the option of a really excellent birthday gift or a party, she always chose the party.
Always. 
So it was no surprise that during our visit yesterday, she was wished birthday happiness a multitude of times by so many friends. Making our way across campus with Anna on her birthday was like being a part of a walking party...with someone new wishing her a big happy birthday every ten feet or so.

She is absolutely not shy about letting people know it's her big day, which made it very fun for my mom and I as the three of us bopped around together.
I am incredibly fortunate because I got to spend the whole day with two of my most favorite people in the world... my mom and my girl. 
Here is Anna and her grandma on the gorgeous Queens campus.
"Awww... look,  they decorated the Diana fountain for my birthday,"
 Anna exclaimed, overlooking and then ignoring the fact that Diana was dressed in signage celebrating an upcoming diversity day event instead of a "happy birthday Anna K." motif.
Photographic evidence of Anna going to class on her 21st birthday.
My girl and I posing in front of the really rather scenic Queens parking garages.

She mentioned a few times that this would be the last year that she would be able to make a big deal out of her birthday. She thought that if she attempts to make a huge event of it next year, she said her pals will be all...   
"So what? Whatever. Big deal, you're 22."
Somehow I doubt this.
Instead I think that Anna will continue to embrace her birthday with joy and good friends until she's 100 and beyond.
Happy Birthday to my dear daughter who made me a mom 21 years and a day ago.
Love you lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment