Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lyle, Lyle Lovett.


Lyle Lovett came to town last night with his Large Band.

I agree with Lyle, his band is definitely large. And terrific.
He included five gospel singers in order to bring on even more soul (if that's even possible) so at times his show felt kind of church-y in all the right ways.
He opened with "Stand by Your Man," which was of course, completely lovely.
He also played my two favorite songs... "If I had a Boat" and "Here I Am."

There is something about his lyrics and his style that I just appreciate so much.

In fact, I am so crazy about that crooked haired, crooked grinned, oh so skinny singer songwriter that I have his portrait hanging in my living room, just to the left of the portraiture of our very own children

Here He Is...

photo by Michael Wilson

"Here I Am"


Hello
I'm the guy who sits next to you
And reads the newspaper over your shoulder
Wait
Don't turn the page
I'm not finished
Life is so uncertain

Lyle Lovett

No comments:

Post a Comment