Friday, October 1, 2010

sort of celebrity sightings

Not this guy...

Early-ish Sunday morning I was buying doughnuts at Busken's and overheard a nice young man (yep, that's how I think these days) and his young daughter in line behind me. I was impressed because the little girl, maybe 4 years old, was well behaved and sweet (unlike my own adorables in a bakery) and the dad was polite to the woman selling doughnuts.
Anyway, I turned and realized that I was buying doughnuts with a sort of celebrity... not Nick Lachey, but his brother Drew.

This guy.


Then I remembered that a couple of weeks ago I was very excited to bump into a gentleman of notable distinction while Karl and I were leaving the movies in Newport.


Not this guy...



This guy.

Nick Clooney... George's dad.
He was going into see The American, George's new film and I wanted to stalk him a little and watch him watch George. I thought that would be cool and interesting to see his reaction while he watched his son, but Karl thought I was being creepy, so we went to dinner instead.

So there you have it... two sort of celebrity sightings in as many weeks. I feel like I'm working in a Hollywood Starbucks with all of this fame in my neighborhood. I can only imagine who I might see today-

No comments:

Post a Comment