Monday, August 23, 2010

Just bopping along, figuring stuff out...

Here is Anna on the school quad, just outside her dorm- she was bidding me adieu but I wasn't so sure about leaving just yet.

Anna started college last week... I mean how is that even possible? But it's true. It seems like it was just a few years ago that I moved into Bradley Hall at OSU... not 25 years...sigh.

Anyway... Anna is going to school in Charlotte, NC which is 8 hours and 23 minutes from our house. This meant that I had more or less 9 hours (counting lunch) to either remind her or bring her up to speed with tons of important stuff. She was a captive and mostly uncomfortable audience as I hit on every major life lesson I could think of...and I know she was faking sleep at least part of the time. While I let her "sleep" some of the time, I did wake her up with a start two times. Once to look at a rainbow and again to see a gi-normous wild tom turkey at a truck brake hill. I took both sightings as good signs, although I am not so sure yet how to read the wild turkey. As we drove along, some of her friends were moving into their schools and texting Anna every now and again. One of her close friends had just moved into her dorm and Anna asked her what she was doing "...just boppin' along figuring' stuff out" was her reply. I really loved that answer.

Here is Anna bopping along in her dorm, anxious for me to go and eager to start a new chapter in her life.

The cool rainbow that I had Anna take a photo of...

No comments:

Post a Comment